The Other King Who Owns The Batchoy Crown


I told my Ilonggo workmates about the "batchoy date" I had with my girlfriend, Peps. I even blogged about it here. Though not unanimously, most of them said that one has never tasted batchoy till one tastes Ted's Old Timer.

It's interesting to experience first hand how polarizing the issue of "Who is the King of Batchoy" to the Ilonggos. (It's like political fans of Gibo Teodoro and Richard Gordon battling it out who would be the best #4 in the 2010 Presidential Race.) This, at the very least, provoked me to find it out myself.

I learned that the nearest Ted's branch is at the Mall Of Asia.  I guess the pancit gods were listening so they decided to make it more convenient for me to go to Ted's: I was invited to a product launch at the SMX.

After the event, I went straight to Ted's to try their famous La Paz Batchoy.


Ted's batchoy is superior to other batchoys in the metro (maybe except Deco's) in a lot of things but the most notable, and probably the most important, is the kaldo. It tastes richer and meatier. It also has less of the fishy after-taste, I don't know if Ted's recipe has no guinamos, but I could only guess. The hint of pork intestine flavor (that gives that "macho kick") is evident and should be expected if innards is listed as one of the major ingredient in such an orgasmic dish.


I am not a professional food blogger and I don't know if there's a manual on how a food blogger should handle his joy and happiness when tasting a really, really good food, that's why after I finished the bowl, I just approached the cashier, shook her hand and told her "Takte, ang sarap ng Batchoy ninyo".

I guess I've already tasted batchoy, huh?
La Paz Batchoy (Miki)
@ Ted's Oldtimer La Paz Batchoy

SM Food Court, Main Mall,




SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City

No comments

Powered by Blogger.