Peace and Pancit Malabon

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgEsFMBwE4HyRCppJZgCv6JmRcirBJbvVpPXxIRvM1SUlrFFaofXkTPhukS5RPZkzx01F-l-C_fTbuYHYQWzFWRZ4YVNsZQiYFhQkywOzr0yJrmYjzCQaMxrZdTZ2E2kBqLjYJ_wLmeLMU/s1600/Image0048.jpg
(Amidst the anarchy of eating this pancit, I still got a snapshot of what was left of it using my crappy camera phone. I should probably replace this photo once I get more decent looking one.)

The industry that I'm in demands me to find peace in the middle of chaos, calm in the middle of the storm and all the good sun-shinny cliches in the middle of a pressure-packed day.


That is why in the mayhem of all towering pile of paper works, hectic schedules and irritating voices in my head, I always look for my peace. And as I found out, that peace comes every 3rd Tuesday of the month when my accountant visits the office.

That peace is called Nanay's Pancit Malabon.


Ever since our accountant, who lives in Malabon, found out about my pancit love, she has been bringing Pancit Malabon from Nanay's for merienda. Ang saya ko, di ba?
Nanay's Pancit has all "the Malabon works"
: thick rice noodles dressed in Nanay's palabok sauce, topped with shrimps, pechay (bok choy), squid adobo, tinapa (smoked macarel), celery, chicharon and chopped pisngi ng baboy (pork cheeks).

Nanay's Pancit Malabon was named after its founder, "Nanay" Remedios Cruz. According to our accountant, Nanay may not be the creator of Pancit Malabon but her recipe of palabok sauce (made from cassava) captured the hearts of new age Pancit Malabon eaters since the 1980's. I really don't know what she meant by that (maybe the thick rice noodles glows in the dark or something) it really tastes extraordinary. Non-pancit fans may not taste the difference because mainstream establishments "perfected" the "Malabon formula", (I don't know how to describe it) but Nanay's Pancit Malabon taste feels homey, peaceful.

Pansit Malabon (Bame)
@ Nanay's Pancit Malabon
Gov. Pascual Ave. corner Sta. Ana St.
Concepcion, Malabon City (near the Sto. Rosario Village entrance)






No comments

Powered by Blogger.