Mochiko Turns Invisible After Opening. Be Warned.


Mochiko is probably the one solid reasons why the ice cream ball craze started in Manila's coñofood scene. A lot of ice cream ball stalls have put up shop since then but Mochiko still is Mochi-king. This is why I chose this Mercato Centrale superstar to be featured on my first Coñofood Craze Review.

I decided to get me some of those crazed balls at their stall located in Lucky Chinatown Mall during one of my Binondo runs. I brought home green tea, black sesame and azuki (red bean macha) flavors and asked, my fiancee, Peps to try Mochiko for the first time, together (poink!).

Traditional mochi balls are usually filled with sweet red bean or ground peanuts and sugar, similar to buchi, tikoy roll or palitaw. Mochiko's version, however, is made more indulgent with Mochiko's own ice cream.  But unlike the traditional ones, the rice wrap is thin and and not as sticky. Mochiko balls are served straight from the freezer and is rock hard. To prevent unwanted tooth injuries and nasty pangingilo, people just have to follow consumption instructions released by Mochiko itself. Isnabero me did not even care to read it but fortunately the travel from Lucky Chinatown Mall to our house soften the ice cream a bit, ready to eat. 


So based on the picture above, you could probably tell that we liked it. Let's just say natapon or inagaw ng aso. Peps liked the azuki the most, I, the black sesame .

(chocolate, green tea, azuki, chocolate back sesame) 
photo stolen from Mochiko Facebook Account

It's a must try, but with P 70.00 a pop, it would probably take a monster of an urge to make make me get my next batch of mochiko. I'm not a dessert person anyway. But I know you sugar-addicted coñokids have a lot of money to spare and Mochiko has a lot of flavors to choose from. I'm sure you'll get hilo from making pili

   

No comments

Powered by Blogger.